Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert.
30970729

I have a Lenovo Thinkstation 4158 VN8. I have a kingston

Customer Question

I have a Lenovo Thinkstation 4158 VN8. I have a kingston hyperx predator ssd with a PCIe 4x adapter attached. I have cloned the boot drive to the Kingston ssd drive. I can see the Kingston SSD on the computer GUI. I have upgraded the BIOS to the most recent UEFI BIOS. I have a Marvel RAID on the motherboard. I want to use the kingston hyperx predator ssd as the boot drive. I have gone into the BIOS at the start of the computer. I have tried turning off the Marvel RAID but then the start up does not find the kingston hyperx predator ssd. I cannot find in the BIOS how to change the boot sequence besides temporarily using F12. I am running Windows 7 64 bit Professional.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi James,

You will need to go into BIOS setup and ensure the SSD is showing in the boot sequence.

Disconnect the old HDD and make sure your image on the SSD boots OK when connected to the red AHCI port. Once you're confident your new SSD is working correctly, you can reconnect the old drive, exclude it from the boot sequence.