Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

This is ***** *****. Im having the store mode issue with my

Customer Question
Customer: This is ***** *****...
Customer: This is ***** *****. Im having the store mode issue with my Samsung magic angle.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Same as ur customer from 4 yrs ago. Keeps reseting itself to store mode on its own
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Hardware Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Let me come back after i fool with it a bit. Thanks
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Computer Hardware
12/6/2015
Computer technician: Freddy M., Computer Support replied 1 year ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Support

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What model is this? What "store mode" issue are you having?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
samsung s22c300. the screen goes to a foggy look and the words store mode flash. I reset the settings and in 5 secs it flashes to store mode again
. Also on the bottom of screen it has the LED and HDMI and samsung magic angle logos on and caht get them off the screen.

How is it connected to the computer right now? HDMI, VGA, etc?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
cable

Which cable I just mentioned a couple. If you are not sure does the cable have pins or not? Usually to turn this off we need a VGA cable which looks like this picture:

http://images.monoprice.com/productlargeimages/851.jpg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The cable is like the one in the pic. I checked connections etc on everything. This is first time having an issue with this monitor. It is approx. 2 yrs old.

Ok thank you. Turn off and unplug the power to the monitor. Disconnect and then re-connect the VGA cable. Turn on the monitor. It should ask Source, select PC.

After that it should ask Home or Store Demo. Choose Home. A welcome screen should come on.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Samsung.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As soon as i turned monitor back on it went to store mode with no option.

Do you have an HDMI cable we can use just for now? Switching cables should force it to ask you. If your model has sound as well, hold Menu+sound at the same time and see if anything changes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not have another cable and this monitor does not have sound. Meaning the speakers are added on. Not built in.

Press menu in the menu do you have a setup sub menu?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When i press the menu and reset the pic etc it only stays for 10 secs and flashes back to store mode. Theres no options in the menu to turn on or off store mode . It wont let me in but to only those options

That does not actually answer my question at all. Press menu in the menu do you have a setup sub menu? There will be no store mode option.

Ok good, choose set up. Now do you have an option that says plug n play or anything similar to that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Theres no setup. The only settings i can get to come up are for the magic angle settings etc. Brightness and contrast and angles. Theres a menu button and nothing responds to hitting it. All th other buttons do though
I thought it was odd that nothing would appear at all when hitting menu. like its not even there when i push it.

That is odd you just said there was a minute ago? Ok try this for models without setup this should work.

Hit the brightness button twice, then old the menu button down for more than 10 secs.

Let me know what it does.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
not working

I will need to opt out and open this to all experts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thank you Fredddy.
Computer technician: Gary Jensen,
 replied 1 year ago
Gary Jensen

Hello there, my name is ***** ***** I have one bit that may help: This may be the same procedure described above. Although it is for a different model, often the operating system is the same "under the hood." I am providing you a link to the support page. The nice thing is, it also has pictures of the device attached to the steps. Let me know how it goes.

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=168829&modelname=PN50B550T2F

Gary

Computer technician: Gary Jensen,
 replied 1 year ago

Hello, this is Gary from JustAnswer just checking in to see if you still need assistance.

Thanks,

Gary

Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen