Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I downloaded all the drivers and printer program and it just

Customer Question

I downloaded all the drivers and printer program and it just wont print.and the computer is brand new acer windows 10
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Perhaps, by downloading the driver installer for the printer, you failed to also install from the downloaded file, after it completed downloading? that is necessary.

Also, if the printer is to be used as a wireless printer, then you may have had a difficulty with the setup, or the firewall in your computer might be blocking the wireless connection to the printer. But that is less likely - because if that were the case, the setup would surely have told you something along the lines of 'unable to find printer'.

So please tell me just what you did to get the printer working, and where the point of failure was, and what the error message was, and also what maker and model # ***** printer is. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TOUGHT LAPTOP ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGOHE PRINTER IS CANON AND IT IS A MP495 PIXAMA AND I JUST B
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THIS IS FIRST TIME ADDING IT
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you install the printer software on the laptop *before* connecting the printer to it, or afterward?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret that I cannot offer Live Phone Service at this time, but your request is still open to other Experts in this category.