Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Since the Tandy II Ive been utilizing and repairing hardware components. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a MyBook Western External hard drive that is not

Customer Question

I have a MyBook Western External hard drive that is not being recognized by my computer when I plug it in by USB to my computer.
The drive was working OK until I used it to backup video files from my satellite receiver. The satellite receiver reformatted the hard drive as part of the process of backing up my satellite video files. Now I want to use my external hard drive on my computer again. The hard drive is not seen by either of the two computers I plug it into. At one time both recognized the hard drive. I have two service agreements with Best Buy a network agreement and a Geek Squad Protection plan. Will you be able to help me?
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to cancel this request and NOT charge to my Master Card. I can buy a new larger hard drive from Best Buy for $69. This will be better for me. Please cancel and do not charge the $47 to my Master Card? Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com. my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

I see you sent a request to cancel, so I am including the cancellation refund link below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

With that being said. If you have files on t he drive you would like to save, that should be possible if youd like to try. If however you dont have any important or needed files on the drive and if you just want to replace it. Id recommend Amazon personally. Their prices meet or beat best buys prices on specific models, and when you purchase they have low cost data protection plans. For instance on this 1 terabyte automatic backup drive, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W8XXRPM

The data protection plan is only 9.99. What it does is simple. If the drive stops working, then you ship the drive to them, they recover all the files and put it on a new identical hard drive. Or if you dont want you files then they ship you a new empty drive. 2 years of coverage is 9.99 and one year is half that. Id go with two years since the manufacturers warranty covers the first year ( just the drive, not data )

If you have further questions or concerns, let me know.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.