How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Russell H. Your Own Question
Russell H.
Russell H., Computer Repairer
Category: Computer Hardware
Satisfied Customers: 11049
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
Type Your Computer Hardware Question Here...
Russell H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How exactly do I connect a pc, a Roland Duo-Capture sound

Customer Question

How exactly do I connect a pc, a Roland Duo-Capture sound card, and a Yamaha DGX650?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Computer Hardware
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My understanding was I would pay $5 first, then pay the rest later!! Bait and switch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to add that I have a usb-midi conversion kit (1 usb connector and 2 midi cables)
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You should use the right cable to connect the output from the Yamaha to the LINE IN of the Roland Duo-Capture, then the LINE OUT from the Roland to the LINE IN input on your PC's sound card ports, obviously.

As for billing and payments: I have no power over them as a JustAnswer Expert. For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at, which may be contacted through:

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Yamaha only has usb ports for output - not midi ports. So please tell me again
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

The ports on the Roland Duo-Capture model that I know about, are not USB, but rather, 1/32-inch audio type, or another type but not USB.

Please identify completely what 'Roland Duo-Capture' model you have. Is it a board plugged into a computer, or is it a device/box on its own?