Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience installing networks for small and large companies. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
23372949

Got a samsung m288x printer that has gone wonky

Customer Question

got a samsung m288x printer that has gone wonky
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Read this entire reply before responding

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. If you need a part you are still required to pay and needing a part is not covered by the satisfaction guarantee (that would be impossible). There are a few different things that can cause this type of problem and a couple different parts can make it act what seems like wonky, so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Please let me know exactly what it does when you try to print. I do not do calls, so if you accept the call offer I will not be working with you, you will be working with someone else who may not be as familiar with your problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please just tell me how to do a factory reset on it. It keeps losing connection with our network and is causing me to lose my mind.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

A factory reset is not going to help it connect to a network. I will opt out for you.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 year ago.

on a printer unplugging it from the wall while it is still turned on and leaving it off for a few minutes before turning it back on will reset it