Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Networking, hardware, software, various OS's, Email Web and domain hosting, DNS
63493917

Have a brand new computer and monitor which is a Vizio

Customer Question

have a brand new computer and monitor which is a Vizio monitor and HDTV combo..I cannot get the tv sound to continue playing when I switch to computer screen
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.com

I know what you mean about the sound NOT moving back to your monitor, AFTER the sound WAS playing on the TV.

YOu have to move it annually.

Without getting too technical, you are using 2 separate sound outputs. HDMI, and Line out.

The HDMI soud is going to the TV, and the LINE out, is going to your computer speakers

YOu have to manually decide WHICH is the default, and select the default for the sounds output you want.

I can show you what I mean, on a remote session, if you would like me to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can we try remote
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello

Hello, if you would like to try remote, you would need to accept the ADDITIONAL services offer.

Due to the complexity of the issue you are describing, it would take a lengthy series of back and forth to troubleshoot your issue. It is an additional charge, but it is VERY worth it. Because it usually resolves the issue very quickly, and offers an opportunity to see how an expert interacts with a PC, lending to a small learning experience.

I will connect to your computer, and fix the issue while you watch, if you accept my proposal for remote tech support.

Unfortunatley, i am restricted from offering you the remote service, unless you accept the additional services offer.

Although, if you think you should get this service for NO additional charge, you can ask the customer service about this.

I wanted to follow up with you.

Were you still wanting to do the remote service.

I can waive the additional services fee, this one time, if you would like to continue, please let me know.