Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I need help. I want to clean out my mini Dell Inspiron so

Customer Question

Hi. I need help. I want to clean out my mini Dell Inspiron so that it will run faster. I do not want to clean out everything there are some things I want to keep like my McAfee antivirus software and a couple of other things. Can you help?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues with your Dell Inspiron Mini. There are several thins you can do to optimize the performance of your Dell computer. This includes the following:

1. Removal of malwares and scarewares
  2. Removal of PUP or Potentially Unwanted Programs
  3. Cleanup the registry errors
  4. Cleanup unwanted files like abandoned temporary files and orphaned files
  5. Disabling of unwanted services
  6. Disabling of conflicting programs and services
  7. Disabling of resource-hugging programs and services

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can do all these cleanup and optimization procedures while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($20) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. I was checking my account to see if I can afford to have you do that. I saw that the amount for Justanswer is pending on my account already so I guess it will be alright as long as I can talk with you on the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be leaving my home in the next 45 minutes. If you want to do a remote clean up, you can now but I will be leaving and once I leave, I will no longer be connected to the internet if you need to be.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there? I have not heard from you in awhile.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry that you did not get back with me. I have to turn off my computer and leave for work. I am going to contact Justanswer to get a refund since you did not get back with me. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about the late reply. Unfortunately, I do not provide phone support. I only provide online chat support like what we are already doing, and remote access support which is better than a phone call since I can actually perform the cleanup procedures while you watch and we can chat right there in your computer so that I can tell the the reasons why I will be doing the things that I will be doing to keep you informed.

With this approach, I can demo the procedure to you so that you can then do them on a regular basis like once every 3 months to keep your system in good shape and your personal data safe and secure from online security threats.

I wish that you continue with this question so that we can do the remote session any time when you are back and available. We can resume with the remote session any time if needed without extra fee.

However, if you really want to discontinue this question, I respect your decision and I apologize for not being able to help. We guarantee our service so you can always get your deposit back.

Please let me know and thank you very much.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I am home now. I was wondering what happened to you because you did not come back. We can do the remote access now if you available. I will be up until 8p.m. EST tonight. I will turn my mini laptop on to get this done. I am contacting you from my larger laptop.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back. Yes we can do the remote session now. Please tell me when you are communicating with me in the Dell computer. If the Dell computer is still able to connect to the internet, please access your JustAnswer account using the Dell computer and let me know.

Thank you.

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I just saw your answer and, unfortunately, I am turning in. Maybe we can do this in the morning. I am up very early in the morning so maybe after 5am tomorrow. That is when you contacted me. Talk to you tomorrow.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok.. No problem... we will resume tomorrow then...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be ready in 15-20 minutes. I am on the Dell mini. The one that needs to be cleaned out. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be leaving for work in about 40 minutes. I am still waiting to hear from you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am here, are you still available now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no. I have to leave for work now. I will contact you again when I get to work to set up a time to do this. Thank you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Approximately how many hours from now do you think we can do the remote session? I will be working now ans for the next 5 hours.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay. I am at work now and I will be off at 3:30 but I have to go to the bank. I will be home at about 6pm EST. I will contact you when I am home. If you still cannot do it then maybe you can give me to someone that can do it if you are not available. Thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Approximately how many hours from now will you be available for remote access session?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am home now. I removed a few things from off my mini laptop already and that seemed to help a little but I do not know about the other things you mentioned. I will be going to bed early tonight but maybe we can do this during my break tomorrow at 10:20am.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Can we do the remote session now? I will send you the formal additional service offer. Please accept it do that we can initiate the remote session.

Thank you.

Jess