Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

Typing words with double letters such as letter, ball,

Customer Question

Typing words with double letters such as letter, ball, access, are troublesome; also the backspace key gets sticky when trying to correct a typo.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me which version of windows you are using.

Which program your having the issue in

And when you say Troublesome, what exactly happens?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No trouble at all before trying to upgrade to Windows 10. Decided I wasn't tech savvy enough (age 87) to use or want to use it so tried to get back to Windows 7. I finally succeeded in switching back, but it did cause some problems. I lost my documents that were in WORD but I can do without them. I now also find that I have an email (a coupon) I tried to print out a few days ago but is now in queue with a status reading "deleting" but is not doing it which makes it impossible for me to send any more documents to be printed...just one problem after another, so it seems.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, so trying to correctly understand the issue, the problem is you cannot print?

And you cannot type? Sorry but I need clarity please on the issue.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a bedridden husband who needs assistance and can't stay on my computer for long at one time, so please excuse delays in my responses
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That is no problem at all.

Were you able to see my last message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Richard, I had to leave my computer to take care of my husband and just returned. would you please repeat your last message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, It's me again having to sign off to take my husband to ER. Please don't put through any charges on my Discover card until I have a chance to take care of my emergency here at home and I will get in touch with you when I return from the hospital, whenever that will be. xxxxxx Craft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok...