Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Support
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Need help finding a windows desktop at a reasonable price...

Customer Question

need help finding a windows desktop at a reasonable price...
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. What is your price range and what will the computer be used for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi about 100.00 just need tower, for my dad who is close to 80, just internet surfing, but i wanted the best for the money, have been looking at windows 7 machines on ebay, is this a good os for that range?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

On eBay you usually don't have any type of warranty at all. This would be more than enough for internet browsing and comes with a 12 month limited warranty: Click Here

Even if you do not go with that machine, this site is much better than if you were to get something off of eBay.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating by clicking the stars/smileys - it is greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

could i go up to a 4gig machine for around a hundred dollars?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

You could if you are ok with 32 bit windows which should be fine if it is only ever used for internet browsing. This one is under $100 before taxes with 4GB: Click Here

It also has a shorter warranty of 90 days instead of a full year.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks i have always had good luck with lenovo, could you help me find one of these? perhaps same company?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

There is only one machine that will fit everything you want available: Click Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok what is the lowest price 4gig lenovo that would be nice

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The one I just sent you is it, that is the only 4GB Lenovo under $100.

Scroll down and click on specifications it comes with 2 x 2GB sticks installed making it 4GB.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok wonder why they are advertising this as a 2GB, makes me unsure that it is 4, your thoughts?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I have no idea, either way that is the only Lenovo that supports 4GB available under $100.

At the worst you will get one with 2GB that you need to buy another 2GB ram stick for (they are very easy to install).

You can also call them directly and ask to clarify if it is 4GB or 2GB installed at(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok what is your brand of choice

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

The first I gave you HP if I am not building my own machine (which these would be cheaper than).

Lenovo is good usually though as well. Just avoid Dell they are some of the worst in my experience.

Gateway was good at one point but once they went out of business the newer machine I believe made by Acer had a lower quality standard.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you like lenovo

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

I mentioned them as well. They are usually pretty good, but I personally prefer HP.

If it were up to me I would buy the very first machine I sent you: Click Here

It only comes with 2GB of Ram but it has a Max of 8GB. It also comes with 64bit windows instead of 32bit and a year warranty instead of 90 days.

Overall it is a better machine, you would just need to upgrade the RAM yourself later on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

thanks again, one more thing, could you recommend an hp with 4gig and 1yr, maybe if it is close to 100.00

thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately no not with a year warranty. But you can add this to that machine: Click Here

This + the machine I just sent you would come out to about $102 before tax and have 4GB letting you still have the year warranty.