Russell H., Computer Repairer
Experience:  Working to keep PC-type computers working since 1988.
13568747

I have a Power spec B708 that won't boot. It crashed with

Customer Question

I have a Power spec B708 that won't boot. It crashed with the RAID on. If I try to turn off the RAID it says no recovery drive is present and that it will destroy the data on the drive. Is there any way I can read the drive?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What to do in this case, depends partly upon the exact error message(s) shown for each failure, and upon whether by 'try to turn Off the RAID', you mean either turn Off the power switch, or disable the RAID arraying.

I presume that you mean disabling RAID arraying. The next question is, what level of RAID? simple disk mirroring or duplication of data across drives?

And then there's the question of whether you have Windows on the drive(s), or some other OS like Linux, Windows Server, etc., and of what version.

Also, with what software did you set up the RAID array, and is it the same software you are trying to disable the RAID array with, or different?

Let me know more details, and I will advise you as appropriate.