WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  IT Professional with over 15 years of computer hardware experience in repair and engineering
21171802

I need a step-by-step video or instruction sheet to

Customer Question

I need a step-by-step video or instruction sheet to replacing the disk drive on the Yamaha W7 keyboard.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’ll be glad to help answer your questions.

Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.

The disk drive can be replaced after removing all the screws from the main chassis and then the disk drive screws.

Here are the steps and images to replaced the disk drive: http://jan.bonisch.com/page.php?lng=en&pg=5

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your response. I am familiar with the link you provided. I reviewed it before I asked my question however it does not address replacing the disk drive. That link addresses changing out the microswitch on the drive. Can you send specific instructions on changing out the disk drive.
Expert:  WesPCDr replied 2 years ago.

I can provide these steps:

1. Remove the screws holding the main keyboard chassis from underneath and the sides
2. Remove the cover and locate the disk drive.
3. Unscrew the 4 screws holding the drive in place and unplug the ribbon cable.
4. Remove the disk drive and replace with new disk drive
5. Plug in the ribbon cable
6. Put the screws back in to secure the disk drive
7. Place the cover back on the keyboard and put the screws back in to secure the chassis