Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computer Hardware. MCSE, MCP, ICCP - Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, Compaq, Sony, Alienware, Lenovo.
23511658

I purchased a wireless bluetooth keyboard today (it was the

Customer Question

I purchased a wireless bluetooth keyboard today (it was the demo) at an office max that is going out of business. I don't know if everything is here or if it is just user error (this is what the problem is). I have followed the directions that are on the keyboard (k480). And it is on i cannot make them talk to one another. I am trying to connect an ipad. HELP. I have had to type this on the ipad, as nothing happens when i try to use the wireless keypad
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Is the keyboard a Logitech keyboard? The reason I ask is that Logitech uses a special unifying receiver to connect most of their wireless keyboards to. If it is actually a Bluetooth keyboard that uses standard Bluetooth, then you would have to go through the pairing process with both the keyboard and with your iPad. And the way you would do this is to put them both in discoverable mode or put one of them in discoverable mode and search for it with the other. usually would do this by putting the keyboard in discoverable mode and then turn Bluetooth on on the iPad and it should show it there as being available device. Assuming it does, just select that and then confirm to pair. If that doesn't work, please let me know along with any other information you might have and we can go from there.

Have I answered your question or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service, OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT at your convenience.