Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

My iPad logitech keyboard will not Bluetooth to my iPad. If

Customer Question
My iPad logitech keyboard will...
My iPad logitech keyboard will not Bluetooth to my iPad. If it
Does it is locked on all caps and some letters and characters will not type.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/9/2015
Computer technician: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

As the first step, can you remove the Keyboard under Bluetooth on the iPad.

Then on the iPad hold the power and home button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Let the iPad restart, then join it again with the Keyboard and tell me if it then functions correctly please.

it bl TOOTHD BT AS YO CAN S TH AND THAs you can see. The keyboard is blue toothed but the shift key u and e will not type. The power light does not light up on the keyboard either.

Thanks

Where you able to do my last instructions?

abcdFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTVXY @#%&()+
Yes. I did. After I powered down my iPad, and then turned it back on, it Bluetooth to the Logitech keyboard. Unfortunately all the keys do not work. The power light on the keyboard will not turn on. I have written the alphabet from the Logitech keyboard which is above this message.as you can see several of the letters do not type. And when I try to type the e in lowercase, which will not type, it automatically shifted to uppercase or all capitals from the F forward. Something is terribly wrong with the keyboard.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard in the Kindlle that has faulted. Its a hardware fault in the Keyboard

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Keyboard to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Where do I send it. Do you have a address, contact or anything

You return it to the place of purchase, so where you bought it from, they will handle the replacement for you (they replace the entire unit).

If your not sure how, tell me who you purchased it from please.

Thank you. I believe I got it from Amazon. I'll research. Thanks so much,

Your most welcome, you can contact them for a replacement if its from them,

if you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you

Richard, Computer Specialist