Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Ok I have a lenovo thinkcentre I have only 2 gb of ram

Customer Question
Ok I have a lenovo...
Ok I have a lenovo thinkcentre I have only 2 gb of ram installed and it is very slow. I ordered the exact same ram 2 gb sticks 3 total from newegg. So to upgrade to 8 gb but when I put the new one in it just beeps and wont turn on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/2/2015
Computer technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When it beeps like that, it means that the wrong memory was installed or there was a problem with the memory.

May I ask for the full brand and model name of the Lenovo computer? Also, which type of memory did you put in the computer?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Ok give me a minute and I'll get the info .that sucks cause it took forever getting here. Hope it's not wrong lol

Thank you.

O ok it's a lenovo thinkcentre. .model d3u. .machine type 7360.

Which type of memory did you install?

If you remove the stick of ram that was already there before the purchase and only leave the new sticks, what are the results?

It's ddr3 a 2 gb stick,cause it said it supports 2 gb sticks only. Up to 8 gb total. And it's pc3-8500 1066mhz
Hmm not sure let me install all three real quick and take the original out and try
Ok I tried. Still beeps. And the old ram says the same as the new pc3 8500 all that

If you put in only the original and leave out the new RAM, does it still work? As of right now, I would suggest returning the memory sticks as they seem to be faulting. What you can do is test one stick at a time and see of they work. If they don't, then you have your answer; they are faulty.

Here is a link to memory that is guaranteed to work with your system: http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/thinkcentre-m58-%28type-6258%2C-6303%2C-7174%2C-7354%2C-7360%2C-7627%2C-7638%2C-8910%29/CT5509223

the old stick works fine. . And ok so it's 100 percent sure there faulty and not maybe different at all by maybe one spec or something

As long as it is PC3-8500 Unbuffered memory, it 'should' work. Simply put, if you put them in and they don't work, it is faulty.

Now i. Not sure if the ones I got are unbuffered and they say dimm not udimm or whatever it's called I don't know if that makes a difference. .we newegg ahas a guarantee so I'll just ship them back. And order 2 sticks off the site u sent

Thank you for the update. I look forward to your rating of my help today. If you ever have problems in the future, you can always request to work with me.

- Jason

the dinn and udinn shouldn't matter ? Ok with rate u ..and thanks for the link just sucks cause was really hoping it was gona work lol

UDIMM is a type of DIMM.

I wish that they sent you working ones as well. I am very familiar with not as patient as I would like when it comes to my computer :)

Lol..and I'm shocked because newegg is usually really good

I agree. NewEgg is normally very good. However, when I purchase RAM, I always choose to purchase from Crucial as they are the best in my eyes.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician