Dustin, Senior Technician
Experience:  Since the Tandy II Ive been utilizing and repairing hardware components. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a 1Yr Old HP PC Desktop I added a new Radeon Video

Customer Question

I have a 1Yr Old HP PC Desktop I added a new Radeon Video Card It Beeps 6 times during POST I think this means there is a video issue. Powering off and on after a few times finally boots as it should and uses the correct display. The the next time it's off for power out or Reboot after software install I get the 6 beeps again... Should I diable my On Board Video Card then install my new card?? Thanks

UPDATE: I am sorry the video card is a NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400 GS

Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

You may need to go into the bios, and change your compatibility mode from UEFI to UEFI + Legacy

Also for good measure.. You should try and update the display driver for your card.. To do so, go here http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Click download in the automatic driver updates section. And download and run the driver detection utility. If it finds any suitable drivers allow it to install them.

And for good measure, go to the hp website for your specific computer model. And check and see if the have a BIOS update you can download from t he driver section for your version of windows..

If they do, only download and install the newest bios version..

If you encounter any problems or run into further issues, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.