Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

If I reformat my iomega hdd from NTFS to EXFAT, the

Customer Question
encription will diappear frm the...
if I reformat my iomega hdd from NTFS to EXFAT, the encription will diappear frm the disk as everything else, right?
Zsolt
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
8/30/2015
Computer technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

In order to remove the encryption the drive should be cleaned using the

Diskpart utility. Removing encryption also removes any data on the drive as well.

If you let me know which version of Windows you are using I can give instructions.

This is a command line utility and can be a bit difficult to use if you're unfamiliar

with the program. I can connect to your machine remotely and perform the work

as you look on while we're on the phone if you're interested?

Byron,
I am travelling now, will be back home later next week, the i will contact yu gain or help.
Zsolt

Not a problem. Thanks for the update. Just post a reply here when you return and we can take care of this.

Hi. I hope you're not having to work on this long holiday weekend. Are you still needing assistance with your Iomega drive?

Byron
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech