Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Have an ACER MONITOR. Display has gone to right half of

Customer Question
Have an ACER MONITOR....
Have an ACER MONITOR. Display has gone to right half of screen. Left side is black (blank). How do I resolve?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
8/18/2015
Computer technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 2 years ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Hello and thank you for using this service,
Is this a regular flat panel monitor connected to a desktop computer?
If so, do you see this problem from the moment you power on the computer , or does the display only shift over after Windows has started?
This is a flat panel (wide screen 18") monitor connected to a desktop computer. The problem first occurred while the computer was on but continued after restart. Word documents and AOL screen appear normal.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Word documents and AOL screen appear normal."
Is half of the screen blank ALL the time, or only some of the time?
Could you take a picture of the screen , and post it back to me? If you have trouble posting the picture here, you can also use the link below to send me a picture. Just upload there, and send me the link it gives you as a reply here, so I can download the file.
http://wikisend.com
It is just the desktop display which is on the right hand side of the screen. Everything else is normal display.
It would help a lot to see a picture. Please refer to my previous post, and take a picture of what you have there to send to me. Thanks.
I do not know how to take a picture of the screen or to send it to you. Have you given up?
Actually, I would need that , because I can't really visualize what you are seeing there based on your description. Since you can't take a picture, I'll go ahead and opt out to other experts that may be able to help you further.
Please do not respond until another expert steps in to help, as that will only delay response time. Thank You!
Computer technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Ive seen issues like this before, and should be able to help you fix it.

To do so, Im sending you an offer for a screen share. That way I can connect and work on this issue directly.

Dustin S.

Dustin, Senior Technician