Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Hardware expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

I have lost my Microsoft account password. When I try to

Customer Question

I have lost my Microsoft account password. When I try to reset the password ***** get an error message, that I have tried too many times and should try again tomorrow....
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be happy to help you.

Microsoft has systems in place to protect your account so if too many incorrect attempts are made to reset the password ***** will lock you out for 24 hours. During this 24 hours you must not try to reset the password. Once the full 24 hours has passed do the following:

To reset your password:

1. Click this link: Reset your password.

2. Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next.

3. Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.

4. Enter the characters you see on the screen , then click Next.

5. If you've added security info to your account, they will send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password

If you need further help or get stuck at any specific point reply to me for more help.

Thanks,

Chris

Expert:  Chris L. replied 2 years ago.

Sorry there was a problem with the link, go to this link after 24 hours http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=242000