Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computer Hardware. MCSE, MCP, ICCP - Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, Compaq, Sony, Alienware, Lenovo.
23511658

Sorry..closed the screen without completing issue resolution.

Customer Question

Sorry..closed the screen without completing issue resolution. Problem...I just bought and installed a Logitech c270 camera. I don't have any controls and can't even turn on the microphone. I downloaded the Windows app Logitech camera controller and now can't find it on the active camera screen or any where else. How do I fix this problem?
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  lexx3218 replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. Have you tried or downloaded the software for the cam at the Logitech website yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried but it kept taking me to another area. I have Windows 8.1 is that going to be a problem?
Expert:  lexx3218 replied 2 years ago.
No it would not be a problem at all. Go to this link: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/hd-webcam-c270#download
Download the software for windows 8. Don't worry it will work on windows 8.1. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Didn't work. Still only have the 'change camera', 'timer', 'exposure' and 'camera roll' icon when I right click at the bottom of the preview window. According to the booklet, I'm supposed to also have an icon that allows me to change the settings...it looks like a double set of circles from what I can see in the booklet.
Expert:  lexx3218 replied 2 years ago.
Interesting that software matches what you have I'm going to opt out to see if one of the experts can advise on this problem standby please.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. This camera operates differently with Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 from the way it operates with Windows 7. When you uses camera Windows 7 you are able to use the full Logitech software package to control and use the camera. It's a more full-featured interface. However, when you are using it from Windows 8, you are using it with the Windows 8 camera app which does not provide you with as many options. It basically only gives you the option to switch cameras. Is this what you're saying? In the WebCam software the settings are accessed from the top right-hand corner works as preferences. But I don't believe you can do this under Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 because the camera functionality is taken over by the operating system. But, if you have a bit of patience and can wait until July 29, I believe the functionality will come back with Windows 10 which Microsoft is releasing on July 29. In fact it's a free upgrade and will be able to simply download it from Microsoft and upgrade without doing anything else. Windows 10 brings back a lot of the functionality from Windows 7 that was missing or neglected in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. Mike
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well, that answer doesn't really help me at this point and I can't wait until July 29th. I need the camera to function on Monday. It irritates me to find out the full functions of the camera controls don't work on Windows 8 when the package clearly says the camera works with Windows 8, implying all of the functions work. Ah well. Live and learn.
I apologize for your frustration, however I can only provide you with the right information based on the question you've asked. I only mention Windows 10 because of my experience using the prerelease versions which brings back support for many devices that were not supported under Windows 8.
I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service based on the accuracy of the information I provided.