Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Setting up Mach3 with a smoothstepper, Breakout board and VFD Spindle…

Customer Question
Setting up Mach3 with a...
Setting up Mach3 with a smoothstepper, Breakout board and VFD Spindle controller
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
the following is a link to my current configuation
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0h1j91r1kv2ac2x/AAC8jmS85L6ql8yZbGiJJ82ra?dl=0
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 2 days by:
7/19/2015
Computer technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 3 years ago
Pete, Computer Expert
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
For installation with a breakout board, an external 5V power source needs to be connected to the green power terminals on the Smoothstepper. Depending on what breakout board you are using, the Pin 26 5V Jumpers should probably be OFF for Ports 1, 2, and 3, and 5V should be supplied to the External 5V Input. There are multiple ways you can power the 5V on the board - use a 5V wall supply, a small regulated power supply, or DIN Rail power supply. A USB cable can also be used to power the system from your PC. Typically,
the red wire from a USB cable is 5V, while the black wire is V-, however you should always verify this with a multimeter before plugging in.
Hello, All of this is already done. The smoothstepper is connected and has power. And the e-stop is working. So i know the smoothstepper is getting signal. The documents are in the link showing the hardware I have to work with. The problem so far is the breakout board has 10.3 volts and does not reduce this so the frequency driver for the spindle does not reduce speed.
Ok, if all is set up correctly, I'm not sure why it isn't working as expected..
let me see if anyone else has some further ideas...