Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

My monitor will not turn on ....

Customer Question

My monitor will not turn on ....
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.

Hi Kenneth. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.
Is the power light on the monitor coming on at all or rather is the monitor displaying a message like "No Signal" after you power on your PC?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello .... sorry for the delay...There is no power light that I can see .... this is the monitor for my pc .... there is nothing on the screen

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Have you tried connecting the power cable directly to a wall outlet and powering it on. Just checking to make sure this is not a bad power strip outlet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Everything else works fine on the power strip outlet

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
I want to eliminate the power strip as the cause. Is the monitor plugged straight into the wall?

What's the brand and model of your monitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This is not a laptop ... it is an Acer monitor and a HP computer. the computer comes on as I open it.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Your question is in the computer section so I assumed it was not a laptop.

All monitors have an indicator light that comes on when the monitor is receiving electrical power. It's usually located on the front of the monitor but may be on the back or side if the power on button is located somewhere other than the front of the monitor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just a moment please

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Sure, thanks for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no light that I can see .... and I don`t know where to turn on the monitor .... there is a series of buttons on the bottom right , but I`ve tried them all and none work !

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
I know you are using an Acer monitor. Is there a label on the back that has a model number on it? Acer makes dozens of models of monitors and the controls are not always in the same location.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

K272HL

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. One moment please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. There is a series of 6 buttons on the front lower right of the monitor. The rightmost button is the on/off control. Just to the right of that button is a power indicator light. It's very small. When the monitor is receiving power and is in standby mode the light will glow amber. When the monitor is turned on and receiving a signal from your computer it will turn blue. If the monitor is plugged in to a known good power source and the light is not coming on at all there has been an internal fault in the monitor. If under warranty this will be repaired at no cost to you.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification.
-
And if you could take a moment to provide a rating using the stars above it would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought that I would pay only if the problem was fixed.

Anyone could have given me the answer I got ..... I am not satisfied with the service at this number.

Sorry but I`m back to square one and want a reimbursement.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
A refund is no problem. JustAnswer cannot fix hardware issues and does not claim to be able to do so.

For a refund please email: ***@******.***

I'm more than willing to help to the extent that I can but some issues require physical intervention that isn't possible over the internet.