Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

My monitor will not turn on ....

Customer Question
My monitor will not turn on ....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
7/5/2015
Computer technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi Kenneth. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.
Is the power light on the monitor coming on at all or rather is the monitor displaying a message like "No Signal" after you power on your PC?

Hello .... sorry for the delay...There is no power light that I can see .... this is the monitor for my pc .... there is nothing on the screen

Thanks. Have you tried connecting the power cable directly to a wall outlet and powering it on. Just checking to make sure this is not a bad power strip outlet.

Everything else works fine on the power strip outlet

I want to eliminate the power strip as the cause. Is the monitor plugged straight into the wall?

What's the brand and model of your monitor?

This is not a laptop ... it is an Acer monitor and a HP computer. the computer comes on as I open it.

Your question is in the computer section so I assumed it was not a laptop.

All monitors have an indicator light that comes on when the monitor is receiving electrical power. It's usually located on the front of the monitor but may be on the back or side if the power on button is located somewhere other than the front of the monitor.

Just a moment please

Sure, thanks for your patience.

There is no light that I can see .... and I don`t know where to turn on the monitor .... there is a series of buttons on the bottom right , but I`ve tried them all and none work !

I know you are using an Acer monitor. Is there a label on the back that has a model number on it? Acer makes dozens of models of monitors and the controls are not always in the same location.

K272HL

Thank you. One moment please.

OK

Thank you. There is a series of 6 buttons on the front lower right of the monitor. The rightmost button is the on/off control. Just to the right of that button is a power indicator light. It's very small. When the monitor is receiving power and is in standby mode the light will glow amber. When the monitor is turned on and receiving a signal from your computer it will turn blue. If the monitor is plugged in to a known good power source and the light is not coming on at all there has been an internal fault in the monitor. If under warranty this will be repaired at no cost to you.
-
Please let me know if you need more clarification.
-
And if you could take a moment to provide a rating using the stars above it would be greatly appreciated.

I thought that I would pay only if the problem was fixed.

Anyone could have given me the answer I got ..... I am not satisfied with the service at this number.

Sorry but I`m back to square one and want a reimbursement.

A refund is no problem. JustAnswer cannot fix hardware issues and does not claim to be able to do so.

For a refund please email: ***@******.***

I'm more than willing to help to the extent that I can but some issues require physical intervention that isn't possible over the internet.
Byron
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech