Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

No toolbar, only screensaver, on lenova think pad after driver

Customer Question

No toolbar, only screensaver, on lenova think pad after driver update. Lenova purchased dec 2014.
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  geekmark replied 2 years ago.
hello,please tell what driver did you updated for what device
Expert:  geekmark replied 2 years ago.
ok,open computer explorer,c: drive properties, if c: contains the OS,select tools then check now, select each option,restart computer.If this does not work, roll back the driver and see if changes anything.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. If you're running Windows 7 (instructions are different for Windows 8 or 8.1)
we can attempt a System Restore to try and fix the issue. This will not affect your data files.
To do so, start or re-start your computer and as soon as you see the manufacturer's logo begin steadily tapping the F8 key. You should shortly see the Advanced Boot menu. Using the up/down arrow keys select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter. Enter your password ***** prompted.
.
You will get a black screen where you will see this prompt:
C:\Windows\System32>
At that prompt enter: rstrui.exe and press enter. This will launch System Restore
(it may not start immediately so please give it some time)
When the System Restore window opens click Next and place a checkmark in the box labeled Show More Restore Points. Select a restore point with a date you are certain you could log in on and click Next.
.
Follow the prompts to start the restore. The machine will restart when the restore is complete and you should then be able to log in normally.
Important Note: Sometimes the first restore point will not work. If that happens perform the procedure again and choose the next oldest restore point and work your way back if needed.
-
I will always do my best to answer your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal. If you are not satisfied with the answer I provide, for any reason, please allow me to continue to help you (or recommend you for another expert or refund) rather than giving a negative rating. A positive rating is always appreciated.