Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

How do I change batteries on my wireless mouse

Customer Question

how do I change batteries on my wireless mouse
Category: Computer Hardware
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
What's the make and model of your wireless mouse, please?
Keep me posted.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
If you are not sure about the model, please check the back of the mouse and let me know. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Please reply back to me on this page itself. You stated that you had a Logitech mouse; could you check the back and let me know the model number, e.g. M215, please?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only thing I see on the back of the mouse is "CE"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How else might this info
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I meant how else I could find this info?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, thank you for the clarification. You should see a thin horizontal line dividing the front end of the mouse into two (roughly) equal halves. Just press down on the bottom half to slide out the battery compartment accordingly. You will then be able to replace the batteries for the mouse itself.
Do let me know if this works, please. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no horizontal line on the back. Would it be on the front of the mouse?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Yes, please check the front end, not the back. If you are unable to see the line, just let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok on the front I have a right and a left click, a scroll key, on the dividing horizontal line there is a black key or button. I have tried to push this down and press down on the bottom but it doesn't release the bottom compartment
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, I see. I have included a support video for you now, as follows:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJ5CdWa3Ik
Kindly review the video (you need to press a button at the back to snap out the battery compartment at the front), and let me know if this works for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,
Were you able to replace the batteries this time, as shown? Do let me know, please.
Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Just a friendly reminder: if you need more help, please use the Reply tab to continue our conversation.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly do not forget to rate my service by clicking on a star at the top of this page. Thank you!