Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

We have had our Samsung TV with the logitech system/Google…

Customer Question
We have had our Samsung...
We have had our Samsung TV with the logitech system/Google TV for about 4 years. Suddenly we are having problems and they seem to be with the keyboard. First it started with an inability to use the app keys which we got around by using the search button and selecting the app (Netflix) from the list, and now we can't get it to go back to regular cable television. The message we see is "the application home: process com. google.tv.launcher} has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Can you direct us on a solution?
Debbie Summers
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/30/2015
Computer technician: Dustin, Senior Technician replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Senior Technician
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Ctrl ALT DEL on the keyboard should start a reboot, Im assuming thats the way you are conducting the restart.
What you may need to do, is factory reset the device. While that will wipe out all your settings and you will have to set it up again. That should clear up the errors youve been having.
To factory reset the logitech revue. Hold down the pairing button for 45 seconds to a minute.
That should do the trick. Once its reset, go in and connect it to your network and set it up again. If you run into any issues performing these steps, let me know.
If you complete the above steps and still encounter issues, let me know.
I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.
Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
I don't know what a pairing button is. Specifically the home button is not working. What if the keyboard just needs replaced?
I am not satisfied with this service. I am not accepting the charges.
Before we try replacing the keyboard ( which could be the issue ) we should try resetting the device. If you have had it for four years and havent factory resetted it once, its due~ If you look at page four of your manual, it shows the pairing / reset button location on the bac of the box. http://www.logitech.com/assets/45753/revue-manuals.pdf Hold t hat in for 45 seconds to a minute solid. And it should factory reset the device. Once you have set it back up, test the keyboard. If its still not working. You can order through Amazon just the keyboard, or the entire set if you wish. ( Fro what you described it sounds like the keyboard has simply worn out over time) Here is a link where you can click to order those products. Click here~ I hope the reset works for you. If you have further questions or concerns, let me know. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.