Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

Computer will not start. Message" Reboot and Select proper

Customer Question
Computer will not start....
Computer will not start. Message" Reboot and Select proper Boot devise or insert Boot Media in selected Boot devise and press key" What is the Boot Media and how do I obtain the same?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
5/27/2015
Computer technician: Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hello!
Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
The boot Device means where the computer boot from and that is the hard drive.
It seems that the computer is unable to detect the hard drive of your computer. The issue might because of a bad hard drive. Please try the instructions below and if the issue persists, you may have to replace the hard drive of your computer.
If Laptop :
Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook. Check the issue persists.
If desktop :
Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, monitor, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.
If the issue still persists, you can try removing and reseating the hard drive, and if the issue persists even after reseating the hard drive, you may have to replace it in order to get the issue resolved.
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Thank you!
S H E F I N
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer