Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

how do i switch off holding down keys on k800

11/7/2013
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can you please give more details of your need ?

Regards
Jins

a message came up asking whether i wanted to turn hold down delay key and i clicked yes

Relist: Other.
it is taking too long
This is logitech K800 keyboard and not a sony ericsson k800 phone, right ? If so which operating system you are using on the computer ?

Regards
Jins

windows 7

i have to go as i have an urgent job and can't wait any longer

valerie

Navigate to the Control Panel (Figure B) and click the Ease of Access entry.

Figure B

Click Ease of Access.
On the next screen (Figure C), you should click on the Change how Your Keyboard Works link to reach the screen shown in Figure D.

Figure C

Change how your keyboard works.

Figure D

Make the keyboard easier to use.

By default, under the Make It Easier to Type section, most of the items should be unchecked. However, that does not prevent Windows from asking if you want to turn on the features if you happen to press the correct keyboard sequence. To turn off the dialog box and thus relieve the annoyance, you will have to dig a bit deeper.

Click on the Set Up Sticky Keys link to reach the configuration screen shown in Figure E.

Figure E

Set up Sticky Keys.

On this screen, you want to uncheck the Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT Is Pressed Five Times box. That will prevent Windows from asking if you want to turn the feature on.

Turn this off too

A related feature is called Filter Keys, which is triggered when you hold the right-Shift key down for eight seconds. You can turn this feature off by clicking the Set Up Filter Keys link found on the screenshot shown in Figure D.

Uncheck the Turn on Filter Keys when Right SHIFT Is Pressed for 8 Seconds box, as shown inFigure F.

Figure F

By unchecking those two boxes, assuming you do not need these accessibility features, you should eliminate two minor Windows annoyances from ever popping up unwanted again.

Regards

Jins

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

Thank you very much for the positive rating. Remember us, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/ Now let me file this question as closed.

Regards
Jins

Thank you. Problem is now resolved.

Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer