Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  7 yrs in hardware experience with desktops to servers.
10156100

What can I do with a broken HP DV-8000 17" Notebook? What

What can I do with a broken HP DV-8000 17" Notebook? What is the scrap value?

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

With any computer equipment there are recycling companies that will take your laptop and dispose of it at no cost. Or there are donation company who sometimes will take computer equipment and if they can fix it and then use schools.

However that all depends on where you live and what is offered in your area. There is also a site which will pay you for your laptop. Sometimes not much but is a good way to get rid of your equipment.

Here is the site>>>Sell Laptop

Let me know if you have any further questions, I will be glad to answer them.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I WENT TO THAT WEBSITE AND IT WAS BOGUS. IT WOULD NOT ACCEPT MY INPUT OF MY MODEL BUT ONLY ALLOWED ME TO SELECT PRESET MODELS AND THEY WERE ONLY FOR THE

1000 SERIES

\

HAVE ANY MORE SITES TO GO TO?

I AM LOOKING FOR SOME #S IN $$$

Can you give me your location?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I AM NEAR MADISON, WISCONSIN

Here are some recycling options near you. However I don't believe any will pay you for the broken laptop. Some programs will pay for working laptops.

Click here>>>Recycling
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THATS BETTER! I DI NOT KNOW OF THIS LAPTOP RECYCLEING SITE. BUT THEY DONT GIVE ANY ADDRESSES OF THE CENTERS.

I SELECTED ON OUTFIT CALLED SECOND CHANCE COMPUTERS AND IT BROUGHT UP A MAP BUT WHEN I ZOOMED IN ON IT THE LOCATION IT INDICATED IS THE UW CAMPUS AND I KNOW THE AREA WELL, THE SITE IT LOCATED IS A RESIDENCE HALL!!!

WELL I PRINTED THAT PAGE AND WILL FOLLOW UP WITH A CALL.

THANKS FOR TRYING ... I AM TRYING TO GET SOME CASH FOR IT.

Recycling broken computers is a little tough because some programs will charge to take the equipment and dispose of it.

You can try some of the programs listed but like I said. The chances of getting any cash will be slim.

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was on the right track the first time with ebay. There is a lot of broken stuff listed on ebay. My friend showed me a couple 17" laptops with broken screens and they were really broken up. You should refer people to ebay to get cash for their broken laptops. They are worth $10 to dealers as scrap. My friend found a recycler in Janesville that pays 45c/# for laptops and that is without the hard drive. Whole PCs are also .42c/#.. Even the hard drives are worth 70c/#. They even pay for copiers and printers. Its not much but a few cents but .... it all adds up. Janesville is 100 miles from me so I think that I will go into the electronics recycling business myself here in Baraboo, Wisconsin!

Paul Anderson

Excellent!

Sounds like a plan.