Computer Hardware

Ask Computer Hardware Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Computer Hardware

My speakers wont work on my computer.

Customer Question
My speakers wont work on my computer.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Computer Hardware
9/3/2012
Computer technician: Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 years ago
Shefin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Customer:

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name isCustomerXXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

Customer:

Please let me know when you are ready.

I apologize that I did not get you on chat. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

You required to reinstall the audio driver in order to resolve the issue. Please let me know the make and model number of your computer, so that I can help you download the driver.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Computer technician: david, Hardware Guru replied 5 years ago
david
david, Hardware Guru
It is possible that the computer has multiple speaker input jacks but only one of them is for speaker output.

Can you try plugging the speaker plug into each of the jacks that have the same connector while playing audio to see if it is just the wrong jack you are using.

My PC is an acer,I dont know the model number.Where do I find this information?.

Its taking a long time to see your reply.

Please send me a mail with the time you will be available tomorrow 5/9/2012.Then I will make sure that I am at my PC.So we can sort out my problem.

Thank you,

Vince.

I apologize for the delay in my response. Please try following the instructions below.

1. Click on the Start menu and click All Programs.
  2. In the program list click the Acer folder, then click the Acer eRecovery Management icon.
  3. Windows User Account Control may ask for your permission to run this program, click Yes.
  4. From the Acer eRecovery Management window on the left click Restore, then click Reinstall Drivers or Applications.
  5. Select Contents.
  6. Choose the driver (Audio driver) or application you wish to install.
  7. On the right, click the Install link and follow the prompts.
  8. The computer may restart when installation is complete. If it does not restart, manually shutdown and restart the computer.

If the issue persists, please let me know the correct model number of the computer. You may get the model number from the bottom side of the laptop.

If the issue persists or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I will be happy to assist you.

Please do not Rate my answer with POOR or BAD. Please let me know, so that I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

If the response was helpful, please remember to RATE my service with 3-5 STARS OR a Smiley face, before exiting the site so I can be credited for my time.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Hi Vince,

You should be able to find the model number on the back of the case. It should be a single word followed by a letter and number like this 'Aspire X3'.

And like I said before, most Acer models have multiple speaker jacks for output, input, and microphone, so it is possible it is not in the correct jack.

There should be a slight color applied to each jack though, and if so, you want to make sure you use the green colored one.

If this doesn't work, let me know the model name and number, and I will obtain the latest speaker software update for you.
Please let me know once you have tested all of the speaker jacks on your computer, and I will be happy to continue assisting you.
If none of my previous solutions have worked, we can try updating your sound drivers.

To do this I will need the Model name or number of your machine. If you cannot find it on the machine, can you visit:

http://acer.com

and locate the machine you have, and provide the Model Name listed on the site?
If you are having trouble responding or rating an answer, please click the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/computer-hardware/73iwz-speakers-wont-work-computer.html

Rating an answer lets me know your problem has been solved.

If it is not solved, please let me know where you are stuck.
Remember that a question remains open to experts until an answer it rated OK or better.

If you no longer need help, please rate the answer that was most helpful to close the question.

am having all kind of C problems so I am not sure if you are recieving this. Maybe giving me a call would be easier for us both.No:- 0045 65978901/0045 51787952 the mobil is better.

I'm sorry we only provide support via the question page. Do you have another computer you can use temporarily to connect to this page?
Please let me know if you are still having trouble with your speakers. If you can use another computer that doesn't have trouble accessing this page, that would be very helpful.

Look I am having C problem with my MAIL ADDRESSESso I dont know if you are recieving my questions.Try call ing at 0045 51 787952 that way we can sort out my problems,as we talk rather then you send an answer to me and wait for my reply.

As I said before, our site does not permit phone conversations. All communication must take place on this page so moderators and other experts can see the entire conversation history.

Keep in mind, once you reply on this page, I will be notified and will try to respond as soon as I am available.
david
david
david, Hardware Guru