Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

We have a 1987 RV that came with a 4-5 inch face. The

Customer Question
We have a 1987...

We have a 1987 RV that came with a 4-5 inch face. The mechanism that runs the clock is recessed through a cabinet so the face sits firmly on the outside of said cabinet. It’s battery operated and I’d to find a replacement. There is no model number on the clock. The face is gold with black numbers and black hands.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

This clock runs on one AA battery

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Clock Repair
5/26/2018
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 29 days ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll cover all options to try. First make sure the battery contacts are clean. Next check the battery contacts to see if the wires are loose or has come disconnected. The manufacturer states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. Next the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them to gain access to the circuit board or the plastic gears that run the hands, it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If the options above do not work and you decide to replace the quartz movement yourself you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock or the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Moore Clocks LLC

1711 Old York-Hampton Hwy

Yorktown, VA, 23692

Call us (toll free):(###) ###-####strong>

Timesavers.com
    Box 12700
    Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
    1,800,552,1520
    Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Gone to Pieces

(battery operated quartz movements only)
    6819 Rt 259 Hwy
    Homer City, PA 15748
    order line: 1,800,205,7204

Clockworks.com
    PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050
    800,381,7458

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
    I was hoping for more specific information, for instance is this clock still in production? Where can this brand be purchased?

HI, I need the make & model number or the information off the quartz movement itself. Most likely the quartz movement is still in production and if it isn't the companies I listed should be able to find a compatible replacement. If you can give me that information I can check my data base at my clock repair shop. Thanks Mike