Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

[email protected] Model513-1311OTN. Have set all…

Customer Question
Terry *****@******.*** Model513-1311OTN. Have...

Terry *****@******.*** Model513-1311OTN. Have set all stages correctly.Am on MST in Arizona but clock insists on moving my time up , We do not have DST in Arizona but A Clock insists on daily (late evening/early morning to incorrect time, Would like to have this problem corrected.

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your MODEL513-1311OTN?

About four days. Have earlier model of same clock and have not had this problem even now

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Nothing as I do not know how to uses buttons to correct problem. all values are set and working but time frustration is a pr0o0bl

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Em. I am not a very goog techie at 81years so would appreciate a simple clear fix

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
4/2/2018
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 4 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll coverall options for you to try. First you can take the battery out let it sit for around 10 to 15 minutes then you can set the clock manually. Next there might be a problem with the circuit board if so it will need to be looked at by a technician. If you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

.

Insert 3 new “C” batteries (not included) into the clock. Observe the correct polarity.

Step 2: Insert 2 new “AAA” batteries into the outdoor sensor. Observe correct polarity. The red LED will flash when transmitting.

Step 3: After 5 minutes place sensor outside in a shaded location.
Set Time, Calendar, DST Indicator
• Hold the MODE/SET button to enter the setting mode. • Press the + or – buttons to adjust a value. • Press the MODE/SET button to confirm adjustment and move to the next item.
Setting order: 1. Hour, 2. Minutes, 3. Seconds, 4. Year, 5. Month/Date format (M/D or D/M), 6. Month, 7. Date, 8. DST indicator Note: The clock will default back to time display if no buttons are pressed for 30 seconds.
Fahrenheit/Celsius Selection
Press the - °C/°F button to change the temperature display from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
Press the + 12/24 button to select 12 hour or 24 hour time format. Default is 12 hour time. • Hold the +12/24 button to select the time zone. There are four time zones: o P = Pacific o M = Mountain o C = Central o E = Eastern Alarm Set

• Press the MODE/SET button to enter Alarm Mode. “AL” will show on the display. • Hold the MODE/SET button to enter alarm set mode. • Press the + or – buttons to adjust a value. • Press the MODE/SET button to confirm adjustment and move to the next item
Setting Order: 1. Hour 2. Minutes
Activate/Deactivate Alarm

• Press the AL ON/OFF button to activate the alarm. • The bell icon will appears when alarm is active. • Press the ALARM ON/OFF button to deactivate the alarm. • The bell icon will disappear.
Snooze • When the alarm sounds, press the SNOOZE button to trigger snooze alarm for 5 minutes. • The snooze icon Zz will flash above the time. • The snooze function can be repeated up to seven times.

All all values entered correctly on clock. However two things are not acting correctly...Want get rid of DST as we do not use DTS in Arizona. Secondly clock still rolls over the hour apparently via atomic clock icon in the evening or early morning. We live a few hundred miles from Ft. Collins and Colo. knows Arizona is on MST year around, set up help but my problem lies somewhere ouside of the common setup. Any help you have to solve the above problems would be greatly appreciated.
Mike;
Telephone is not possible as I suffer acute deafness and so phone is not possible. Any e-mail (printable) instructions to solve DTS and hour skip would be appreciated, Terry

H​I Terry, If the problems you are having can not be fixed with directions above there might be a problem with the circuit board and might have to be looked at by a clock technician. I posted a link below that might help you with your model clock. If you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

for helping you.

.

https://www.lacrossetechnology.com/media/catalog/product/5/1/513-1311otn.pdf

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

..