Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Clock pendleun wont set time. Hower clock pendulum moves but…

Customer Question
Clock pendleun wont set...

Clock pendleun wont set time

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Hower miller clock pendulum moves but wont set time

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

The disk will move up and down but clock still runs slow

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/26/2018
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 3 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. What model Howard Miller clock do you have? Does the clock have a mechanical or quartz movement?. Thanks Mike

Hi Mike, its a Howard Miller model #610-603, movement is a 1161-853, 114 CM, SN#306308493., The original pendulum wont set the time. The round disk (BOB) will slide up and down on the pendulum freely , but wont set the right time. It still louses about 10 seconds ever 5 minute, no matter where the bob is at, your welcome to call me if need be.(###) ###-#### Any help would be greatly appreciated ' Thank you so much...John Cowden, Bullhead City AZ. PS IM sure its a mechanical movement.
Please dont call as I can not afford the 34 bucks thanks John

Hi John, Yes that is a ​Howard Miller Curio model and has a large lyre pendulum. If you can not get the pendulum set to the right speed even by turning the rating nut under the BOB then the pendulum assembly will need to be reset by a clock technician. I get this quite often at my repair shop when there is such a large pendulum they seem to work there way out of sync. Next would be maintenance these movement should be serviced every 3 to 5 years meaning cleaned and re oiled to stay in top running condition. I listed the closest authorized Howard Miller repair shop below. Try these options out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

WHITAKER CLOCK REPAIRS

Approximately 4.4 Miles from 86429
2175 KINGSTON LANE
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ 86442
Phone:(###) ###-####br />Mobile:(###) ###-####/p>