Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I can't figure out the pendulum mechanism on my Montgomery…

Customer Question
I can't figure out...

I can't figure out the pendulum mechanism on my Montgomery Ward 31 day clock. Everything else was working until the pendulum came off and is in several pieces I have a picture if you want to see it

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Chime and ticking mechanisms work but the pendulum came off and I can't figure out if i have lost a piece or how to reattach it. I can send a picture of the mechanism if that would help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
3/24/2018
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 4 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First there are 3 components to a clock pendulum assembly. The pendulum, pendulum leader and suspension spring. The suspension spring is the very top part that wig wags back and forth and the pendulum leader is attached to it then the pendulum hooks onto the pendulum leader. I posted a photo below to show how the pendulum leader hangs from the suspension spring If you can see straight up with a flash light you might be able to see where the pendulum leader hangs from the spring and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

.