Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have an Alexis 8 day strike wall clock. It was running…

Customer Question
I have an Alexis...

I have an Alexis 8 day strike wall clock. It was running fine but now it stops (pendulum) at two minutes to the hour. I can move the minute hand past the 12 and there is a click. I can restart the pendulum and it will work until two minutes before the next hour.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

It was cleaned last year and has been working fine until last month.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
3/21/2018
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 4 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Is this an antique E.N. Welch Alexis 8 day strike wall clock?. Thanks Mike

HI, Thanks without seeing the clock at my repair shop I worked on a similar clock with the same problem and it turned out to be a slightly worn damaged tooth on the gear that drives the time train so when it comes around to that 2 minutes till the hour gets caught causing the clock to stop. Check this option out and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.