Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

The second hand on my grandfather clock spins off and on…

The second hand on...

The second hand on my grandfather clock spins off and on then ticks ok again. Why is that.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

The second hand on my grandfather clock spins off and on then ticks ok again. why is that.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

Not that I am aware. seems to be slowing down. all starting around the same time.

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes I get this a lot in my clock repair shop. The hands are pressure fitted onto there shafts, I use a special tool but if you use equal pressure to both sides of the second hand at its base on the shaft and push down the hand should stay on and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Mike, Consultant