Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Have model 612-475 need replacement movement 354213h

Have model 612-475 need...

Have model 612-475 need replacement movement 354213h westminster chime progressive 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 , and full plus chime on the hour. It also has pendulem. This is a typical wall clock given as a 20 year gift to employees. Can you point me to where i can get one. It runs, but the chime is erratic. It may chime the 1/4 hour at 10 minutes before the hour. The hour seems to work but not the progressive does not. It is for a blind person so it is important to have the 1/4,1/2, and 3/4.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

Clock has sentimental value. Well worth fixing for a 30.00 quartz movement

3/11/2018
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes that is a nice oak wall clock. I get this a lot in my clock repair shop. I'll cover all options to try. First make sure the battery contacts are clean. Next check the battery contacts to see if the wires are loose or has come disconnected. The manufacturer Howard Miller states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. Next the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them to gain access to the circuit board or the plastic gears that run the hands & chimes, it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If the options above do not work and you decide to replace the quartz movement yourself you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Moore Clocks LLC

1711 Old York-Hampton Hwy

Yorktown, VA, 23692

Call us (toll free):(###) ###-####strong>

Timesavers.com
    Box 12700
    Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
    1,800,552,1520
    Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Gone to Pieces

(battery operated quartz movements only)
    6819 Rt 259 Hwy
    Homer City, PA 15748
    order line: 1,800,205,7204

Clockworks.com
    PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050
    800,381,7458

Zip is 55013 St. Paul mn area there is no part number on the movement except made in China I can easily replace the movement if I can get the part thanks tom b

HI Tom, Here is the closest authorized Howard Miller clock repair company that can help you with your clock he should be able to identify the quartz movement to give you the movement number or a compatible replacment. Thanks Mike

for helping you.

.

OSCAR G. LONG

Approximately 21.7 Miles from 55013
    12530 N 75TH STREET
    STILLWATER, MN 55082
    Phone: Mobile:(###) ###-####/p>

Mike, Consultant