Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

How to remove the hands on a Hermele 2114. I have the unit…

How to remove the...

How to remove the hands on a Hermele 2114. I have the unit removed from the clock but cannot get hands off.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

I have a Loricron mantle clock w/a Hermele 2114 quartz movement (non pendulem). The movement quit working when I tried to set for daylight savings time (a common problem as I understand). I want to replace the movement but Hermele does not make the movement anymore. I have the movement out of the clock bu cannot figure hoe to remove the hands so I can measure the shaft. How do I remove the hands?

3/11/2018
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes I get this a lot in my clock repair shop. The hands are pressure fitted onto there shafts, I use a special tool but if you use equal pressure to both sides of the hand at its base on the shaft and pull up the hand should pop off. If you decide to replace the quartz movement yourself you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from the replacement for the 2114 is SKU: 12001 by Primex from Moore Clocks LLC and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Moore Clocks LLC

1711 Old York-Hampton Hwy

Yorktown, VA, 23692

Call us (toll free):(###) ###-####strong>

Mike, Consultant