Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

My emperor grandfather clock has been sitting up for 25+

My emperor grandfather clock...

My emperor grandfather clock has been sitting up for 25+ years. The chains are not available for me to hook the weights. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

The chains on to of the three weights cannot be located to hook the weights . I don't know what to do to retrieve the ends of the chains to hook the weights.

3/11/2018
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes if you can not get to the 2 chain and do not have a back access panel you can order new chains and if you decide to replace the chains yourself you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find a clock repair company in your area just let me know your zip code location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Moore Clocks LLC

1711 Old York-Hampton Hwy

Yorktown, VA, 23692

Call us (toll free):(###) ###-####strong>

Timesavers.com
    Box 12700
    Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
    1,800,552,1520
    Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Clockworks.com

PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050
    800,381,7458

Mike, Consultant
    Some how two of the three chains have been pulled all the way down. Therefore I cannot get to the attachment part to hook the weights. The two outside chains are the ones in question. How do I release the chains so i can get to the hooks.
    Phone call session started