Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have a tempus fugit clock with mechanical westminster

Customer Question
Hi there I have...

Hi there I have a tempus fugit clock with mechanical westminster chimes. I'd like to turn the chimes off but don't know how. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Okay. The clock was my father's and I don't know much about it except that I now have it in my house and have been winding it and it runs nicely. Daughter doesn't like chimes. They are westminster mechanical...where is the off switch?

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

Interior looks like this:https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/M5EAAOSw15FamwcV/s-l64.jpg

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 4 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. What type clock do you have grandfather, wall, mantle etc.?. You have an "add files" button that you can click or this link: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142 How to Send a Photo or File is in Other. Thanks Mike

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,I actually solved the problem by simply not winding the peg for the chimes. Everybody's happy...it's a mantel clock by the way. No pendulum, completely mechanical. But...the problem is solved! Thanks for contacting me.Stella

H​I Stella, Your Welcome if you ever need help in the future just ask. Thanks Mike