Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I HAVE THE ISSUE ,EMPEROR CLOCK THAT JUST STOPPED

I HAVE THE ISSUE...

I HAVE THE ISSUE ,EMPEROR CLOCK THAT JUST STOPPED TICKING,BUILD IT AFTER HIGH SCHOOL IT

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

THE PENDULEM QUIT WORKING SO THAT WAS THE END.i WOULD LOVE TO GET IT GOING AGAIN .CAN YOU FOLKS LOOK AT IT.I AM 68 YRS SO IT IS WELL GOING ON 40 YRS.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

I WAS REPAIRED ONCE BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE GENTLEMAN DID

2/14/2018
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll try to cover all options to try. First when you start the pendulum does it stop after a few minutes? Most times this happens because the clock is not "in beat". A clock is "in beat" when the time between each tick/tock cycle is evenly spaced. To determine if your clock is out of beat, start the pendulum swinging and carefully listen to the tick and tock. If it the time between each tick/tock is uneven your clock will not run correctly. If the time between the ticks and the tocks is even your clock is "in beat". If your clock is not "in beat", there are several things you can try to correct the beat. The method used to adjust the escapement is different from clock to clock. Let the pendulum hang in its neutral position and place a piece of masking tape on the case just below the pendulum. Mark the neutral point on the masking tape. Move the pendulum to the left, marking the point where the clock ticks. Next, move the pendulum to the right, marking the point where the clock ticks. As a rough estimate the two outer makes should be evenly spaced from the center point. If they are not even, you will need to adjust the escapement until they are even. The best way to do this is to twist the "anchor pallet" on its arbor. However, in most case, it will be difficult to do that because the anchor is often to tight. Instead, bend the pendulum crutch to achieve the same result. Next is maintenance the movement on these style clocks should be cleaned & re oiled every 3 to 5 years to keep them in top running order I listed a link below for one of the best cleaning kits I recommend to the customers that come into my clock repair shop to save them money from me doing the work. Try this option out and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can locate a clock repair shop in your area. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

http://www.clockworks.com/clock-repair-kits/clock-cleaning-kit.html

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Mike, Consultant