Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have an older clock, Model 38229-1 and need an owners

I have an older...

I have an older clock, Model 38229-1 and need an owners manual and it won't switch off of DST.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Model 38229-1, need owners manual and it won't switch off off DST

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

Not that I can think of.

2/13/2018
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Below are 2 options to try for the instruction for your model. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

.

1) How to Reset: Unbend large paper clip and gently insert tip into 'RESET' hole on back of clock for two seconds. Then: 1. press "MODE" (it will show the alarm time) 2. press "ADJUST" (this will switch the time zone from PST to EST) 3. when it is on the desired time zone, press "MODE" to return to the clock. Now place clock near window where southern exposure allows access to satellite. Icon for satellite access should activate (looks like a dish satellite). Allow several minutes for reset.

.

2) skyscan Atomic Clock model 38229-1

Press mode key at any time to exit.

Press mode, then press adjust to change time zones.

TO SET TIME AND DATE:

Press and hold alarm on/off for about 5 seconds until hour flashes.

Press adjust to change hour.

Press alarm on/off to move to minutes. Press adjust to change minutes

Press alarm on/off to move to seconds. Press adjust to change seconds

Press alarm on/off to move to month. Press adjust to change month

Press alarm on/off to move to date. Press adjust to change date

Press alarm on/off to move to day of week. Press adjust to change day of week

Press mode key to save to exit.

TO SET ALARM:

Press mode to go to alarm screen (AL shows above temp)

Hold the alarm on/off button for about 5 seconds and the hour will flash.

Press the adjust button to change the hour.

Press the alarm on/off button again to move to minute

Press the adjust button to change the minutes

Press the mode key to save and exit

23 people found this useful

Mike, Consultant
Mike, Consultant