Clock Repair

Have Clock Problems? Ask a Clock Expert and Get Answers ASAP

Clock Repair

I bought a wall clock 613-108 Sandringham in 2013 and have…

Customer Question
I bought a Howard...

I bought a Howard Miller wall clock 613-108 Sandringham in 2013 and have had 3 new movements put in the clock since owning it. For some reason the clock goes out of sync but will correct itself. I have have taken it to the factory 3 times but still have problems with it. It will correct itself and then it will go out of sync again. They tell me that the winding spring is not long enough so I have been winding it twice a week it has worked good until lately it would go out of sync 2 hours after winding it. Does the weather have anything to do with the problem or does it need a good oiling? Please advise. Should I take it back to the factory? I live in Niles, Michigan and about 1 1/2 hour away from the factory.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

I am not talking about timepieces or watches, I am talking about my wall clock.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Clock Repair
1/11/2018
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 1 month ago
Mike, Consultant

H​I, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you.​ That's unusual that you have had to put in 3 new movements into your clock I believe the movements are Kieninger. The weather should not bother the clock unless it is exposed to high humidity or if the clock is either over or under a air vent that blows directly onto the clock. These movements should be serviced meaning cleaned and re oiled every 3 to 5 years to stay in top running condition to save my customers money that come to my clock repair shop I recommend one of the best cleaning kits made it comes with a step by step Ebook just click the link below a good cleaning and re oiling should do the trick I have worked on these clocks several times and it turns out to be maintenance. Try this option out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself I can find an authorized Howard Miller repair shop in your area just let me know your zip code location. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

http://www.clockworks.com/clock-repair-kits/clock-cleaning-kit.html

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Mike, Consultant