Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have what I believe is a Dual Chime Beaded Molding Windsor…

Good morning. I...

Good morning. I have what I believe is a Dual Chime Beaded Molding Windsor Cherry Mantel Clock

630122 Howard Miller. The only markings I can find on the movement inside the clock casing is Quartz 2115.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

The hands will not move, If I move the hands from the clock movement inside the chimes will work. I have checked the batteries and they are good. How can I get this clock repaired. It was a retirement give.

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

Not that I can think of. I just would like to know who I can send the clock to to have it fixed and the process to do this.

1/8/2018
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I get this a lot in my clock repair shop. The switches are for different chime tones. First make sure the battery contacts are clean. Next check the battery contacts to see if the wires are loose or has come disconnected. The manufacturer states that their clocks work best with Duracell batteries. Next the bad thing about these quartz movements is that they are encased in plastic and can not be opened to work on them to gain access to the circuit board or the plastic gears that run the hands, it is cheaper to replace the movement yourself than to bring the clock to a repair shop because that is what they will do and that is what I tell my customers that come into my shop to save them money. They are easy to replace and are very inexpensive. If the options above do not work and you decide to replace the quartz movement yourself you can order your part from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock and the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I can find an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area just let me know your location and by what major cities and I'll find a few in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Clockparts.com*****br />Culver City, CA 90230 USA
    Toll free: 1,888,8CRAFTS
    Hours: Monday to Friday, 8AM to 4PM PST

Timesavers.com
    Box 12700
    Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
    1,800,552,1520
    Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Norkro.com
    2209 NW Mill Pond Rd.
    Portland Or 97229
    order line: 1,800,566,7576

Gone to Pieces
    (battery operated quartz movements only)
    6819 Rt 259 Hwy
    Homer City, PA 15748
    order line: 1,800,205,7204

Clockworks.com
    PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050
    800,381,7458

Call us (toll free):(###) ###-####strong>

Address:

Moore Clocks LLC

1711 Old York-Hampton Hwy

Yorktown, VA, 23692

SKU: HM-0024

Quartz Clock Movement with Westminster and Ave Maria

• Hermle quartz 2215, 2115, 2114, 2214 are no longer made by Hermle.
    • Made by Kieninger in Germany with same dimensions as Hermle, Howard Miller and Keininger.
    • It comes with auto night shutoff, volume control.
    • Your original hands will fit the new movement.
    • Chime and strike are integrated with the time.
    • No adjustments are needed when changing your batteries or time.
    • Fits your Pendulum Rod.
    • 2215 Pendulum Driven
    • 2115 Non-Pendulum Driven
    • 2114 Non-Pendulum
    • 2214 Pendulum Driven
    • Runs Off Two C-cell Battiers

Available Hand Shaft Lengths:

• 15mm- For dials that are 1/8" dial thickness or less
    • 20mm- For dials that are 3/8" dial thickness or less
    • 3 Year Warranty
    • Dimensions: 4 1/2L x 2 1/4W (Same as Hermle)
    • Ships Same Day M-F
    I received a reply in a short time. The information I received answered my question. The list of authorized repair shops is very helpful because I do not feel comfortable trying to fix it my self. I plan on contacting one of the repair shops off the list that was sent.The entire system of having to sign up for a quick question and pay a fee I guess is worth it. Also wanting me to sign up for a monthly service fee for a one time problem is nothing I plan on doing. You have a great product but the wanting me to sign up for things and using my credit number does not make me feel comfortable. If I owe you a fee for your answering my question then take out that fee from my credit card and cancel any and all future fees and services. Please notify me when my credit card number has been removed from your service and that I am NOT enrolled in any services that have a monthly fee.Thank for your help in getting me the necessary information to get my clock fixed.
    Ernie

HI, Please let me know your zip code so I can give you an authorized Howard Miller clock repair company in your area. Thanks Mike.

.

for helping you.

Mike, Consultant
    My zip code is###-##-####

HI, Here are the closest Howard Miller repair shops in your area. Thanks Mike

HOUR HOUSE

Approximately 30.2 Miles from 45506*****br />WAYNESVILLE, OH 45068
    Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

.

DAVIS CLOCK SERVICE

Approximately 31.0 Miles from 45506*****br />HILLIARD, OH###-##-####br />Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

.

WATCH & CLOCK SERVICE

Approximately 35.8 Miles from 45506*****br />HILLIARD, OH 43026
    Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

.

COUNTRY CLOCK SHOP

Approximately 36.0 Miles from 45506
    7908 CHILDRENS HOME ROAD
    BRADFORD, OH 45308
    Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Mike, Consultant