Clock Repair

Have Clock Problems? Ask a Clock Expert and Get Answers ASAP

Clock Repair

Can you check a serial number on a tag header watch for me?

Customer Question
Can you check a...

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

Can you check the serial number on my tag heuer watch?

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

The serial number is *****

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Clock Repair
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The serial number is *****
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/7/2018
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 1 month ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. There is not any way of looking up the serial number on my data base because that would allow people to make fake Tag Heuer watches and without having the watch in my hands the best way to check is by using the information I posted below. Thanks Mike

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

1. The Crown

The crown of the watch should not show any signs of glue or adhesive on it. Cheap replica Tag Heuer watches often have the logo actually glued or adhered to the end of the crown. The watch should wind smooth and free, without the feel of the movement moving in the case. The real Tag Heuer winds so effortlessly, it can even be mistaken for not having been wound at all as the movement of the crown is so fluid and undisturbed. Counterfeit Tag Heuer watches don’t wind as smoothly and the winding mechanism can be felt moving.

2. The Face

Look closely inside the face of the Tag Heuer watch. A genuine Tag Heuer should be pristine, with no signs whatsoever of fingerprints or dust or any other microscopic debris. If the face of the watch has any signs of even a spec of dust, a tiny hair, or even a light fingerprint or smudge (can be seen underneath certain special lighting) then it is highly likely it is fake.

3. The Dial

The printing on the face of the authentic Tag Heuer watch is crisp, clean, and sharp. If the Tag Heuer watch has even the slightest blur or inconsistency in the lettering or numbering it is not authentic. The font used in the Tag Heuer watch is always the same, and the writing on the face of the watch should be distinct and very easy to read. The spacing between the numbers / lettering on the face of the watch must also be perfectly aligned both vertically as well as horizontally.

4. Luminosity

Tag Heuer watches are made using a chemical called Luminova, which makes the hand and the dial glow in the dark, making it easy to read the time in any kind of lighting. The Luminova makes the hand and dial glow very brightly and distinctly without creating a glare or shadow on the other characters. A fake Tag Heuer will not glow as bright as the real Tag — the display will glow poorly or not at all, and the glowing, if present at all, will not be consistent and will cause more glare and shadow on the characters.

5. Swiss Made

All Tag Heuer watches will say “Swiss Made” on the bottom of the face of the watch. Many fakes will say “Japanese Movement”, which would never appear on the bottom of the face of a real Tag Heuer watch.

6. Watch Case

Tag Heuer’s case is made of black suede. The Tag Heuer emblem is engraved on the bottom. which is unique to the Tag Heuer name and design.

7. Certificate of Authenticity

All Tag Heuer watches are delivered to the buyer with a Certificate of Authenticity. This certificate of authenticity has been reproduced by counterfeiters many times over, however none will have the embossed holographic seal on the document, nor will it bare the unique number registered by Tag Heuer specific to that watch and that watch only. Before paying the requested price for a Tag Heuer, always insist on seeing its Certificate of Authenticity. If the dealer cannot provide the document, it’s probably a fake watch.

8. The Band

Check the band for links. Just look for a left and right piece to each of the links. Fakes will have solid links, or they may have a line on them that’s supposed to fool you into thinking the links are two pieces.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your watch? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

.

Mike, Consultant