Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I am having trouble setting the "" on my Seiko quartz wall…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble setting the "bong" on my Seiko quartz wall clock

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

When daylight savings time came I tried to change the time and the clock will not strike the correct hour. I used the test button and also the am and pm button but I cannot get it to give the correct number of strikes for the hour

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

Just that it is not a new clock, probably about 30 years old

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2018
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 7 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Yes the easiest way to get the chimes back into sync is the next time the clock chimes the hour move just the HOUR HAND ONLY in a clockwise manor to match the number of chimes then move the minute hand only in a clockwise manor stopping to let the clock chime until you reach the correct time. Try this option out and let me know what happens. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

I cannot move the hands because the clock is sealed. Worthless answer

H​I, I'm sorry I didn't know that you could not access the hands on your model you can try advancing the hands stopping to let the clock chime until you reach the correct time and if that doesn't work you will have to gain access to the hands by removing the bezel and glass but I would let a technician do the work and if you like and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself I can find a repair shop in your area just let me know your zip code location. Thanks Mike

by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

I know there is a simple way to do this because I have had the clock for many year and my husband changed it every time the daylight savings time came around. There is a test button and an am and pm button, but the clock is very confused by what ever it was I did when my husband was in the hospital for removal of a brain tumor.
I do not wish to pay for any more advice, so please do not contact me again. I really would like to have my money back, I think this is just a little short of being a scam.