Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Ridgeway 1979 limited addition Model # 9000 serial #12880…

Ridgeway 1979 limited addition...

Ridgeway 1979 limited addition Model # 9000 serial #12880 and 260123. To change the time I would move the hands forward, till finally the minute hand would start hanging up on all sections of the clock and stop keeping time. I tried fiddling with it to no avail, and in doing so I lost the pin that controlled the chimes (note, this all happened years ago and I have nothing sense) It was and still is a beautiful clock, any advice besides telling me I am nuts now and not taking tare of it then? Thanks, ***** ***** Valley CA.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

What can be done to get it repaired?

1/3/2018
Mike, Consultant

Hi Gary, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First when advancing the hands on the clock did you stop to let the clock chime as you moved the minute hand clockwise?. Yes you can order your pin from one of the companies I use to order parts from just give them the make and model of your clock or the movement number which should be located on the back of the movement and if you don't feel comfortable doing this yourself if you want I listed the closest clock repair company in your area . You should also have your movement cleaned and re oiled since the clock has been sitting not running for years the movements in these clocks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years to stay in top running condition. Thanks Mike.

.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Moore Clocks LLC

1711 Old York-Hampton Hwy

Yorktown, VA, 23692

Call us (toll free):(###) ###-####strong>

Timesavers.com
    Box 12700
    Scottsdale, AZ 85267 U.S.A.
    1,800,552,1520
    Monday through Friday Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (MST)

Clockworks.com

PO Box 339 -*****br />Huntington MA 01050
    800,381,7458

.

MASTERS OF TIME

Approximately 5.4 Miles from 93065*****br />MOORPARK, CA 93021
    Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

CANOGA CLOCK REPAIR

Approximately 9.7 Miles from 93065*****br />WEST HILLS, CA 91307
    Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

TIME SQUARE

Approximately 12.2 Miles from 93065*****br />NORTHRIDGE, CA 91324
    Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

ED'S CLOCK REPAIR

Approximately 15.0 Miles from 93065*****br />CAMARILLO, CA 93010
    Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

WORLD TIME

Approximately 15.8 Miles from 93065*****br />VAN NUYS, CA 91406
    Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

Mike, Consultant