Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have a Citizen watch with a stretch band, which is too big…

I have a Citizen...

I have a Citizen watch with a stretch band, which is too big for my arm. It needs to have two or even three of the links detached. Where can I find instructions on how to do this? I have tried so-called watchmakers in my area, but they apparently are really just watch-sellers. I am in Israel...

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

I would appreciate any reference to info on how to deal with this problem.

12/31/2017
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Below are the instructions on how to remove the links to your stretch watch band. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

.

Tools Needed:

• A pair of tweezers
  • A thin nose pliers

Step 1

Pry up on 2 tabs next to each other, on most bands there will be tabs on the inside of the watch band and the outside. That means in most cases you will have to pry up on 4 tabs for each side of the watch band to remove one link.

Step 2

Repeat Step 1 on the other end of the links.

Step 3

Pull the small U shaped clips out of both links of the band.

Step 4

Repeat Step 3 on the other side of the band.

Step 5

Remove the link, which is most cases will have 2 parts an inside and outside or a top and bottom.

Step 6

Once you have removed the desired number of links put the watch back together and insert the c-clips.

Step 7

Repeat with the other side of the link.

Step 8

Bend the tabs back down on the links to hold the C-clips in place and secure the band.

Step 9

Repeat on the other end.

Step 10

Pull the expansion band open and closed a couple of time to make sure everything is secure. Look closely at the links you worked on to make sure they are operating smoothly and not loose.

Mike, Consultant
Thanks very much. It helps, I think, but some sort of diagram showing the tabs to pry up would have been useful too. Thanks again.

H​I, Your Welcome and yes sorry I do not have a diagram at my clock repair shop to post for you. Happy New Year Mike

Thanks. Happy New Year.