Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

Sure! I have a Franz Hermle clock that I built from a kit…

Customer Question
Sure! I have a...

Sure! I have a Franz Hermle clock that I built from a kit for a family member twenty years ago. I checked the clock out recently and noticed that it wasn't running. The clock is wound tight, but upon moving the wheel in the back, it stops.

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Is there anything else important you think the Clock Technician should know?

It hasn't been oiled as far as I know. It's been in the same location for many years and is basically clean.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
12/30/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 7 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. What type clock do you have grandfather, mantle, wall etc.?. Thanks Mike