Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

One metal cable has detached and needs to be reconnected. I…

Customer Question
One metal cable has...

One metal cable has detached and needs to be reconnected

Technician's Assistant: The Clock Technician will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

I can get the cable in the slot but the metal piece at the end won’t go in far enough to attach

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Clock Technician should be aware of?

It is an empower with 9 barrel chime

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
12/30/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 7 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. I'll give you all options to try. I don't know of any diagrams that detail this. The best advice I can give you is to look up to the underside of the movement and observe the connection of the center & left cables. You should see the end of the cable fitting into a steel cross plate at the bottom of the movement. Place the metal tip on the right side into the cprresponding cross plate and move it to the small diameter hole. Try these options out and let me know what happens and if you do not feel comfortable doing this yourself let me know your zip code location and I can find a clock repair shop by you. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

I fixed it before your reply, it turned out the metal on the end of the cable was not round and the flat section had to be aligned with the salt to get it in.
Had to remove clock
I see I have been charged
I never completed this part as all the site kept wanting to do was charged so I shut it down and still charged paypal.
I need this charged cancelled
Now I send this response and I get ask if I want you to call me for an additional charge
Starting th think is a scam