Clock Repair

Have clock problems? Ask a clock Expert and get answers ASAP

I have a Hermle 241-081 movement. It seems to be running…

Customer Question
I have a Hermle...

I have a Hermle 241-081 movement. It seems to be running correctly except the Tic-Toc is uneven. As you face the clock it is faster going to the left than to the right

Technician's Assistant: I throw away my watch whenever it stops moving. Some people love fixing timepieces. Differences like that make the world go round I guess - maybe that's clockwork too. Please tell me everything you can so the Clock Technician can help you best.

I have a Hermle 241-081 movement in a clock that I recently built. It seems to be running but the tic-toc is uneven as the pendulum swings to the left as you fact the clock.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Clock Repair
12/26/2017
Clock Repair Expert: Mike, Consultant replied 6 months ago
Mike, Consultant

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. ​After you start up the movement does the pendulum quit after a few minutes? You stated that it runs correctly but if you have an uneven tick tock then the clock would be out of beat and would cause the movement to quit. When was the movement last serviced meaning cleaned & re oiled?. Thanks Mike

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike